Hazardous Substance Management Training
Hazchem Services has created a half-day workshop on Hazardous Substances Management perfect for;
• People entering work environments whereby they are new to understanding and having to work with chemicals.
• For people who have been working with chemicals and need to understand more about how these are managed and legislated.
The course covers:
• Hazardous Substances and Dangerous Goods Classification.
• Legal Aspects plus an overview of the HSNO and HSWA Acts and Regulations with a focus on Hazardous Substances requirements.
• Safety Data Sheets, Safe Storage of Chemicals, Spill Management and Hazardous Waste Management.
Feedback from participants has been phenomenal and Hazchem Services are currently working with industry to expand this training to other businesses.
Praise as follows;
“Excellent presentation. That should be taught in high school”
“This is high-level training. I would recommend rolling it out to other labs/lab staff. These topics are basics that everybody should know about.”
“It was really good to learn the definitions of hazardous substances and dangerous goods and the differences.”
“This was a bit more specific (relating to hazardous substances) than I have covered before about the regulations, so good to know”
“Really interesting real-life stories and photos. Very knowledgeable with extensive experience.”
There are two versions of the Training Program – the general industry workshop and the laboratory version which is specifically targeted to commercial and industrial laboratory team members. For more information please feel free to contact us and we'd love to help.
*Please note: This workshop is not designed for industry experts or senior managers etc.